Saturday, February 14, 2009

Right Now I Am

Enjoying...South Indian veg meals at Shanti. Fig and honey ice cream at Caravan. My kaleidoscopic-colored refuge of a room in the hospital.
Wondering...When my mom's surgery will be and thus, when am I heading home? Why I am incessantly dreaming at night. And why all these filthy hag dreams?
Marveling...At how hot our room gets in the middle of the night whenthe power goes off and the fan stops spinning. At how just when I think I'm impervious to stares, I realize I'm not.
Anticipating...Snow and fires. Sledding. Nieces and nephews. Chocolate chip cookies and roast chicken. Frosted windowpanes.
Loving...Clean, tucked sheets. No responsibilities.
Missing...Cooking and raw vegetables.
Thinking...About what kind of job I can get when I get back to Leominster!
Wishing...My cough would go away and that I definitely didn't get tb at the Monlam A.K.A. a tb convention.
Hoping...Holiness gets better soon and I get to see him before I leave India!

No comments: