Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ode To Nannying

While there are plenty of times my patience begins to wear with endless questions and the alternately exquisitely slow/frenetic pace of a four year old--I am so grateful for these comments, questions and moments:
We're off down the alley to watch the tree truck..........


Fascinated by the painters out the window....And as Ry said, "Very snug."



Looking for blue jays through his "spot-oscope..."

In a "perfect hiding spot for bird watching..."

-"Ghosts are soft and they're made out of blankets."

-"He was a baby, but he was bigger than a sugarplum."

-"Jenn, do you like all the things in the world?" (uhmm, definitely...)

-"One time when I was at the seaside..."

-"The whole world is covered in daffodils!"

-"Jenn, you are an oh my god!" (upon seeing me with bangs for the first time)

-"All the beaches in the world are golden..."

-"We should go to this arboretum EVERYDAY!"

-"Would you like to come here with me and get some sap from the sugar maple? All we need is a spigot and a clean metal bucket..."

-Learning the names of trees together: Japanese Apricot, Red Buckeye, Pawpaw...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this

:)

-BCD

Just Mary said...

You have captured the treasure of those words, and maybe a bit of the yearning for the time when those were your own words, your own questions. Beautiful.