Sunday, November 2, 2008

These Days

I spend my time drinking cup after cup of sweet tea, perched on a stool overlooking the mountins, chatting with K and Loppon--learning bits and pieces of Tibetan. My whole body smiling in the sun.

K and I spend our afternoons exploring--walking from our place through the rice paddies over to Karma Chagme's gonpa--by chance meeting Karma Chagme--exploring the inside of his new temple, visiting the black stupa at Chatral Rinpoche's monastery and Guru rinpoche's Yangleshod cave, walking the main road down to Namkha Drimed's to catch the tail end of a lama dance.

In the morning I eat flat bread and bean curry--drinking salt tea, answering Lakpa's many questions about myself and America.

I do laundry, squattng over my bucket inthe bathroom, hang it on the roof in the sun as roosters crow.

No comments: