Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update #1 From: The Outside aka Snowbound! or It's All ABout the Snow!

Doesn't look like I'm going anywhere anytime soon!
I never noticed this place until my walk this morning...

Eastern Ave--this main street isn't looking too driveable!





My street!

The bedroom window...

Can't see out the basement windows!
Oh goodness! Keith has been wanting me to get some aerobic exercise for some time now. And geeze, my recent walk fit the bill! It is crazy out there--apocalyptic. Unlike other places I've lived, Baltimore doesn't plow side streets...No one could get their cars out of these streets even if they wanted to, even if they could get themselves dug out! They are impassable! The snow is at least up to my knees...I managed to walk to the mailbox and then out to Eastern to see what a main street looked like--not good! It was somewhat plowed, but still snowy snowy. The only thing moving were ambulances and plows...I stood on the corner by the Middle Eastern market and called Keith and my dad--reporting in from the frontlines...I don't know how I'll possibly be able to pick Ketih up at the airport tomorrow night! It is beautiful though. I love that I was able to lay down in the middle of the street to take photos...This is all very exciting.

No comments: