Friday, May 27, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent, and other things


Well, I'm feeling much better these days and so I've decided to finally post about homemade laundry detergent. I started making this several months ago, using the below recipe (which I got from the SouleMama blog), and am happy to report that it's super easy to make and works wonderfully--even on Keith's nasty hospital scrubs. Also, I am sure it's saving us at least a little bit of  money!

Homemade Laundry Detergent:
-2 cups finely grated castille soap (I use Dr Bronner's)
-1 cup borax
-1 cup baking soda
-1 cup soda ash (also called washing soda)

Mix together and that's it! I use about an 1/8 cup per load.

PS I've recently discovered some very nice blogs:
Tend
Food in Jars
BapStory
Natalie Creates
Local Kitchen
How i Get Through Today

Oh, and reading this great book, The Dirty Life--it almost makes me want to become a farmer...and this looks like it might be good, The Future by Miranda July.

1 comment:

Evan LaPorte said...

i just want to sit in the barn from that dirty life website!!!!!!

(ps. my word varification = anagram = chicken vindaloo)