Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The stories of this book resonate within me


Why did I never hear of Finnish author Tove Jansson until just recently? How is it possible that this beautiful beautiful writer escaped me?
Today I finished The Summer Book, one of the sweetest, most wonderful books I have ever read. The writing is clear and unpretentious...making me want to take up my own pen once again. I can't shake the feeling that this book brought upon me, as though a spell (much like the Swedish author Linda Olsson's, Astrid and Veronika). 

3 comments:

paranoid android said...

I love Moomins:) And my children do:)

Silvia said...

What kind of book is it?

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

It's these Beautiful little vignettes about a small girl and her old grAndmother during their summers on an island.