Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Resigned






As I mentioned last time, I was having a hard time accepting autumn for a few weeks there. My body and mind perhaps confused from all the shifting temperatures lately: boiling hot and rainy in Nepal to warm India to crisp here. But I'm finally resigned! No, not just resigned but even embracing fall! The yellow aspens, the squash, the apples!

And next week I finally visit my family's home after being away for almost a year and a half. I am looking forward to sweet (and naughty) nieces and nephews, apple cider from the side of the road in lunenburg, flaming maples, and my dear family!

4 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Hope you've been enjoying your family time.

Evan LaPorte said...

yikes! did your parents lose power this week with the snow?

shaunna said...

Have fun in New England you lucky girl!!

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

*thanks denise!

*evan,look for an email from me.

*shaunna, hope you're mom's doing better!