Saturday, February 9, 2008

Flapjacks!


I don't make pancakes very often. Actually, until last week I don't think I'd made them for seven years! Pancakes are something I eat when I'm staying with my parents. I think of my dad, and I think of pancakes. Pancakes aren't me. Flapjacks, on the other hand. I am all about flapjacks--although I never made them until last weekend. Since then I've had them twice and might just have them again in a few minutes...

This recipe is adapted from one I came across in the Jan/Feb 2008 edition of Saveur magazine. It's originally from a small country store restaurant in New Hampshire. Okay, here it is--the most delicious breakfast recipe I know:

Mix: 2 cups flour
1 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix:
2 cups buttermilk
4 tbsp melted butter
2 beaten eggs

Whisk both mixtures together until just combined. Heat 1tbsp butter over medium heat and cook flapjacks one at a time. Last time I made them I added tiny pieces of banana and it was so so delicious! These might not be dad's blueberry pancakes--but they'll do!

1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

any blogging about flapjacks is alright by me :)