Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Socks for Japan





Last week I was going to write a post about how I was so thankful spring was almost here and how happy I was for laundry on the line that didn't freeze. And it is officially spring- only now we have snow again! The other day I discovered there was lettuce growing in my garden, I hope it survives.

Also, last week I discovered the beautiful blog Tea and Cookies. This morning when I was reading it, the author recommended this great thing called Socks For Japan. There's this American guy who works fairly close to the town with the nuclear reactor on the fritz and he goes and delivers the socks to people. Apparently, lots of people need socks! When you send socks, you're also encouraged to send a little note and the website links to a page that helps translate your note. I know it's not much, but I'm excited to do something helpful for even one or two people...





1 comment:

Silvia said...

That IS a nice thing to do.