Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Taking the Challenge

I have a deep dark secret.
It's something I felt no need to come out about--for years.
It was between me, Keith and my ideas of what is and is not okay.
I didn't want to like it. I don't want to like it.
My first time was in Texas, in Austin, in a motel room.
I was only 23.
And i liked it--I have to admit.
Keith and I were in one bed, Jamie from the Real World in the other...

It's been 7 years since then--can this really have been going on for so long?

But two days ago, a certain someone accused me of being too pretentious to post a certain video clip on this here highbrow blog.
It's not so much that I'm too pretentious...
It's that I just didn't feel it had to be common knowledge.
Maybe there are some who will be shocked...

Case in point, a few weeks ago I commented to my boss that during Typography class I feel like I’m on American Idol. “Oh Jenn,” my boss laughed, “you watching American Idol would be funny,” she said—or something like that….

But I have to admit it. It’s the truth.
I get Keith to do the downloading for me,
and then…I watch.
And I don’t even feel guilty while I do it.

No comments: