Friday, June 20, 2008

Yes, Another Work Post

There's definitely no leaving work at work. I mean, there's no getting Ryan out of my head.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

A four and a half year old, "made up of freckles and scrapes," as he said today. A boy with orange curls, orange eyebrows ("I don't know who dyed them that color" he told me in Whole Foods this afternoon as we sat reading Mrs Piggle Wiggle while his mom shopped with the new baby).

Yes, it's challenging trying to take care of him. Yes, somedays I think I'll never have children. Yes, my patience and calm are tested and I repeatedly fail (at least on the inside)...

But then there are moments of such inexplicable sweetness.

Life/work reminding me again and again that everything is impermanence, everything is change.

1 comment:

Ashutosh Jha said...

rightly said man...!!!