Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Battling the Gray


If September was brilliant blue skies, October is gray. I'd been staving it off with lights, candles, hot tea and peppermint oil. Telling myself the dark was actually cozy--to stay inside on an autumn day, wrapped in wool and fleece.

Also, how do I know that winter will soon be upon us? No, it's not the dark, not all my snowboard talk or the changing leaves--it's the chap. It's like I'm some washerwoman from some bygone era--my hands all rough and scratchy. Especially noticeable when holding K's hand--his oh-so-soft "delicate genius" hands (have you seen that Seinfeld episode?).

Anyway, today is the first truly sunny day in I think a week. It feels like a miracle. And so today I don't actually have to battle the gray (or the chap so much as I have implemented the use of purple rubber gloves for dishwashing--they make me feel like a 50's housewife in a commercial). Today, K and I are going to the Dental Spa, and then hiking again. Yes, you read right: the Dental Spa! where we will proceed to sit in massage chairs and drink tea and get our hands dipped in parrafin wax before getting our teeth cleaned!!!

PS Aren't these grapes sunshiney? I still can't believe they're from the alley behind my house! Oh Bountiful Utah!

No comments: