Sunday, October 24, 2010

ChchchChanges...and Pumpkin Pancakes


I truly wish I had my camera with me yesterday, as instead of leaves crunching under our feet--it was snow! Keith and I had headed up to Snowbird in the morning as they were giving free tram rides if you brought a can of food. Since we plan to get our ski passes there, it was the perfect oppurtunity to check out the mountain.

When we first arrived there was just a fine drizzle, but after breakfast, fat drops of snow were falling from the sky! By the time we reached the top of the mountain (at 11,000 feet!) we were in the middle of a storm! It was truly beautiful!

As for other changes, Jonsi cancelled his acoustic in-store performance, but not the show. It was good, but not amazing. Still, I'll post some footage soon. Also, tomorrow is my first full day of work! I went up to Park City for a few hours Thursday and geeze, the baby is so unbelievably tiny!! She's two months and only weighs 9 lbs! Unfortunately, she, "has a little bit of a gas problem." Here's to hoping she doesn't cry too much due to her gas pains!!!!

Also, I had hoped to post a butternut squash soup recipe, but alas, have not been able to find one I like. Every one I've tried so far has been too sweet for me. However, this morning I made pumpkin pancakes. They were really good! Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mix: 1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves

In a separate bowl mix: 1 cup milk
6 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg

Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and cook!

No comments: