Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogs Are Weird

Sometimes I feel embarressed that I have a blog. I mean, I originally started this blog because I had to for a class. And then, somehow it just stuck. I mean, I feel embarressed that I'm kind of just putting my life out there--for basically anyone to see. And it seems that it really is anyone, as apparenetly, people I don't know in Poland and Russia and Taiwan and who knows where else are reading this. Why, I don't know. Like I said, at first this was all to satisfy a class requirement, and then it was good for Keith's and my families (and friends) to be able to look at while we were traveling, so they could see what we were up to. And it's still good for that, but I guess this space has become somewhere I just write what's going on with me and then I can look back and remember...I don't know. Like Keith has said so many times, this blog is schizophrenic. It just doesn't know what it wants to be. I don't know what it wants to be. I guess it's just like any journal, it provides a place to reflect upon one's life. I don't know...But what I really want it to be is a place where I can remember the beautiful, sweet and strange things in my life and record them. But that's when the weird part comes in...because who the heck is reading this and seeing my mind on this computer screen? Oh the strangeness. Therefore, I've been toying with the idea of making this one of those blogs where you have to have an invitation in order to be able to see it, I don't know. On the other hand, maybe someone will somehow look here and see a photo of Holiness or Karma Kuchen or something, so it could be beneficial. Okay, I'll stop conceptualizing now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. Before I started blogging, I was a keen blog reader (still am). Somehow reading these blogs made me start my own blog. I guess everyone has different reasons to blog, mine is - I realized later - for self discovery purposes. I find that sitting down and writing out an experience or a thought actually makes me understand it better. Forgive me if I don't make any sense..
- Ralph (Malaysia)

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

Ralph, thanks for the comment! You made perfect sense--I know just what you mean. I checked out your blog and really liked it. I was in Malaysia six months ago--but just in Kuala Lumpur for the day...Your photos made me wish I'd gotten a chance to get out of the city and into Malaysia's jungles!

Anonymous said...

Malaysia (to me) is all about the jungles, beaches and diving sites! You really haven't seen Malaysia until you get out of the city. I suggest you get back here! lol.