Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sigur Ros!

I guess I've been talking about Sigur Ros a lot lately--but I can't help myself. Sigur Ros make the most beautiful, amazing music I have ever heard in my life. I've known about them for seven years now and they are the only band I can listen to again and again without growing tired (much to Keith's chagrin on road trips). The clip below is from their documentary, Heima and in it they play Glosoli--probably my most favorite song ever. Anyway, the film is about one summer where Sigur Ros went around their home country of Iceland and played in tiny little towns which were attended by little kids and grandparents and everyone in between. It is very sweet.The footage of the landscape of Iceland is unbelievably beautiful, especially accompanied by their music. In a way, this movie reminds me of the Andy Goldsworthy film, Rivers and Tides.

No comments: