Saturday, September 4, 2010

Early Fall Blues

lately i've been feeling a little sad. not sure why.
maybe it's just the moontime.
or maybe it's keith's recent insomnia (making my thoughts harken back to the oh-so-horrible baltimore/hopkins days we had. actually, not days, but years!!).
or maybe it's the fact that the air is cooling, the dark creeping in earlier and earlier.

i need to remember
that with each cooler day
i get closer to days of beautiful snow
and (hopefully) snowboarding!!

and also, that my sweet parents will be here in exactly two weeks
and that it will be so nice to see them and feed them.
we are going to visit one of the 6 best hot springs in the world (supposedly)!

2 comments:

ariadne said...

My dear Jenn!
We miss you and have a package that I've been meaning to send that I will send soon. So sad to hear that baltimore left such a mark on you-- maybe there were some good days in there? Time with Ry? or somethin? So glad you are enjoying your new home. Ry cannot wait to go snowboarding with you and Amaia still asks after you and 'keif" :-)

love love love Ariane

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

dearest of arianes, i miss you guys too! i've been thinking about and wondering how all my favorite baltimore people are! i can only imagine how big ry and amaia are now! i do miss you and their sweetness! and yes, there were definitely some good Baltimore days and some beautiful moments. I looked back through this blog the other day and I saw many of them (lots with Ry). But just generally when I think of Baltimore I associate it with it's gray skies and dreariness and Keith's horrible Hopkins experience and how busy and stressed how he/we were! Please tell the kids and Erle I say hi and send my love! I also can't wait to snowboard with Ry! Love J xxoo