Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mundane Revelations Amongst Other Things

-Persimmons! How is it possible I never tried one until today? Deliciousness.
-Bored to Death - how is it possible I never knew of this show until today? Perhaps because I haven't owned a TV in 7 years? Excited to watch it and hoping it's as good as I'm wishing it will be.
Okay, that's actually it for the revelations. In other news, apples are simmering on the stove, filling the house with an amazing applesauce aroma. I replenished my stock of household cleaners today. Why do my homemade, peppermint smelling cleaners somehow make cleaning more enjoyable? I don't know, but I'm glad they do. I feel as though I might be coming down with a cold, but am counting on strong ginger tea to ward it off. Also, the other day a friend gave me a jar of carrot marmalade she'd made. It is amazingly delicious. I need to get the recipe and face my canning fears.
And yes, the above photo has nothing to do with any of this.

2 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Carrot marmalade? Yum. I'd love to try it. I hope you share the recipe. Also, I love your juicy grapefruit photograph.

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

thanks! and i'll definitely post it when i get it!